No products in the cart.
Are you having a problem in how to sew a closer for your pillowcase? Then you can start to worry less because this article will give you a guideline on how to solve that problem.
Different Ways to Make a Pillowcase Closure
If you have a pillowcase sewing machine project, the following are tips on how to make the perfect pillowcase closure:
- Slip-Stitched Pillowcase Closure
A slip-stitched closure is the simplest and most comfortable style in which to sew your pillowcase. The style closes the cover with an invisible seam after the pillow is inserted. This style of closer is meant for a permanent pillow, which is not made to be washed. Therefore, if you ever need to remove the pillowcase, then you will have to have it dry or vacuum cleaned.
- How to slip-stitch the closure:
- Add up to one inch of the height and length inserted for the seam allowance.
- Pin together the right sides facing.
- Add marks at the bottom on the right and left side every three inches.
- Pinch the corners and turn it inside-out.
- Press the edges of the pillow and slip stitch the opening shut.
- Envelope-Backed Pillow Closure
Creating a pillowcase to an envelope-backed shape is easy. On the back of the pillow, one overlapped fabric is sewed at the back that is used as pillow closure.
- How to make envelope-backed pillow closure:
- Measure the size of the pillow to determine the size of the rectangle back pillowcase closure.
- Fold the left and right side in.
- Pinch the bottom and the top part and over-lock them using the appropriate sewing equipment.
- Zippered Pillowcase Closure
Making a pillowcase closer with zipping makes it versatile. Moreover, you can easily remove the inside fabric or stuffing to wash it. And, you can also easily wash the pillowcase cover. A polyester zip is advised for the pillowcase closure as it is soft and smooth.
- How to make a zippered pillowcase closure:
- Measure the length of the pillow to have a zip with the same measurements.
- Sew the zip on the inside of the pillowcase.
- Turn the pillowcase inside-out and insert the pillow stuffing into the pillowcase.