No products in the cart.
A sewing machine like the [sewing machine unit here] is a great investment that should have you crafting for many years to come – but, while they are built to last, they do require some care and maintenance to keep them working reliably and delivering high quality results. Here are some tips from our sewing machine care specialists.
- Invest in the best needles: Blunt or low quality needles can bend, snap, skip stitches and damage material. The best needles on the market are Schmets needles, as they are durable, sharp and designed to last – and affordable too. There are plenty of different types of needles in their range for different materials (including leather, silk and knit), so you’ll find the perfect fit for your project. If you can’t find Schmets needles, Organ needles are a good substitute.
- Use high quality thread: Low quality thread can be damaging to your machine as well as your project. Avoid thread that is dusty – always look for products that have a good shine to them and are carefully packed in racks.
- Clean when needed: Regular cleaning is a must for any sewing machine. Remove bits of thread, dust, lint and other debris that can clog up your machine, and dust it out with a good nylon brush. Clean your bobbin case each time you replace your bobbin.
- Oil: Oiling your machine keeps all it’s moving parts running smoothly. Only use high-quality sewing machine oil, or you risk damaging your machine. Simply place a small drop on each moving part and let the machine run to ensure even lubrication.
- Visit the specialists: If you notice any issues with your sewing machine or simply want to make sure it is in proper working order, take it to an authorised services centre where people are trained to work on sewing machines. If you are unsure if you have the right service centre, speak to a reprehensive of your sewing machine brand to find someone in your area who is qualified.
High quality, affordable sewing machines from SA’s top brand
At Empisal, we’ve been providing high quality, affordable sewing machines, sewing kits, overlockers, steam presses and ironing equipment to South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa for over 35 years.
Whether you’re learning to sew or a professional, Empisal has the right sewing machine for you. With the [sewing machine unit here], you’ll be able to take on new projects with ease and get the most out of your sewing skills.
For more information on our sewing machines and products, please contact us today.