Finding the perfect fabric is pivotal to the success of any sewing project, but finding a great store with the range you need can be challenging. Here’s advice from Empisal, manufacturers of the affordable EES50 on some of the best fabric stores in South Africa:
- The Fabric Warehouse: Located in Centurion, this fabric company specialises in fabrics for clothing (including bridal fabrics), upholstery, curtains and blinds.
- Biggie Best: You can now buy Biggie Best fabrics online and have them delivered through the post office to you in a matter of days. With a huge range of colours and patterns, all made to a high standard of quality, these fabrics are ideal for upholstery and home projects, including curtains, cushions and chair covers.
- Skinny la Minx: Located in Cape Town itself, these unique and artisanal fabrics are available in store and online. International designs with an African chic touch, these fabrics are perfect for bags, cushions, upholstery and other home projects.
- Waste Centre Fabrics: Visiting this warehouse in Durban is anything but a waste! With a huge range of dress, curtaining, bedding and upholstery fabrics as well as hessian, fleece, felt and more, this is the best place to go for some inspirational shopping.
- Benjamin Woollens: Looking for something a little different? This is the fabric store for you. Rich and luxurious cashmeres, wool suiting, boiled wool, brocades, silks, Egyptian cotton and linens, this Johannesburg store has a beautiful range of high-end, high quality fabrics for special projects.
Invest in an affordable, reliable Empisal sewing machine for your next project
Whether you’re learning to sew or a professional, Empisal has the right sewing machine for you. With the EES50, you’ll be able to take on new projects with ease and get the most out of your sewing skills.