No products in the cart.
A sewing machine like the EMPISAL EES 50 is a great investment that allows you to create your own clothing, home décor, gifts and much more in an affordable and creative way. When buying a sewing machine, you not only have a wide range of choice between brands, but also between new and used machines. So, what’s the best option?
Sewing machines are delicate and require regular maintenance from professionals who are trained and experienced in dealing with these machines. If you are buying a used machine, it’s best to look for one that is under warrantee, or insist that it is looked over by a trained specialist before you purchase it. New machines, of course, should be in perfect condition, but this will make them more expensive. What really makes the difference, however, is that you are buying the right machine for what you want to do with it.
How to buy the right sewing machine
- Budget: High-end machines will have a big price tag, so be sure to know just how much you want to spend. You may be able to find a good quality used machine that offers more for your money at a dedicated retailer, or a high quality local brand like Empisal where you can buy new.
- Stitches: How many stitches you need depends on what you want to do with your machine – and the more stitch types, the more expensive the machine will be. Although the greater stitch range is a real asset, these features should not be a deal breaker if you are unlikely to ever use them.
- Attachments: Your sewing machine should come with a range of attachments to help you complete certain projects. If you want to make clothing, you’ll need a buttonhole foot and stitch setting, a zipper foot and a blind hem foot. For quilting, you’ll need a walking foot.
- Motor: The stronger the motor, the more heavy duty work the machine can handle. This is important for people who want to use their machine very regularly and on heavy materials like denim and upholstery. Lighter motors are more practical for people who aren’t interested in heavy duty work and will be using more lightweight materials.
- Brand: As with all things, brand can dictate a certain level of cost. If you are on a budget, it’s best to look for a brand that offers great quality and has a good reputation. Local brands like Empisal will also be more affordable, and parts, servicing and repairs should be easier to find.
Make buying a new sewing machine affordable, with the high quality Empisal range
Whether you’re learning to sew or a professional, Empisal has the right sewing machine for you. With the EMPISAL EES 50, you’ll be able to take on new projects with ease and get the most out of your sewing skills.